Future of civil society
From Open Government Pioneer Project
Introduction[edit | edit source]
We need to think about the future operating environment for civil society.
But while technology, politics, social concerns all change regularly, the values that drive much of the sector like equality, human rights and responsibility to the planet are likely to stay the same.
If we are clear on the principles and values that we want to drive our work, then we can use this to guide ourselves through the major changes in tech, society and politics that we are currently facing.
At the same time however, we need to be aware of the changes coming our way and the options for responding to them.
Themes[edit | edit source]
- Stronger partnerships - Optimising collaboration between Government and third sector
- Rethinking automation - Artificial intelligence, automation and the third sector
- Rethinking Charity Tax - ideas to improve charity taxation in an era of devolution and digitalisation
- Community directed support - ideas to bring a community development approach to bring greater control for people over their health and social care
- Rethinking employability - ideas to reform Scotland's approach to employability including how best we use recently devolved employability powers
- Rethinking a sustainable economy - Sustainable Development Goals and changing the way we think about economy.
Useful Resources[edit | edit source]
Thomasis M, Rhisiartis M, Trier E. (2016). Shape Your Future. Future trends: implications for the third sector in Wales. WCVA. https://www.wcva.org.uk/media/4679328/wcva_shape_your_future_trends.pdf