Actions

Agendas and minutes

From Open Government Pioneer Project

Details Participants Agenda Minutes

Project Board 1st meeting[edit | edit source]

Open Government Pioneers project board call

When: 23 Nov, 14:00  (1 hr 30 min) London (GMT Standard Time, GMT)

Where:WebEx Online

Host:involve

From <https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/>

Board members:
  • Lucy McTernan, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (Chair of project board)
  • Ruth Marks, Welsh Council for Voluntary Action (apols)
  • Craig McGuicken, Northern Ireland Environment Link
  • Andy Williamson, Demsoc
  • Philippa Bonella, Big Lottery UK
  • Dawn Plimmer, Big Lottery UK
  • Simon Burrall, Involve (apols)

Delivery group participants:

  • Ruchir Shah, SCVO
  • Tim Hughes, Involve
  • Anna Nicholl, WCVA
  • David McBurney, NIEL
  • Jonathan Bell, NIEL
Agenda
  • Welcome and introduction from Chair - Lucy
  • Quick intro - who is participating in the meeting. name, org, position - All
  • Update on developments for the Open Government Pioneers project - Ruchir
  • Intro from each board member: context for your country, your ambitions for this project - Board members

Comfort break - 5mins

  • Next steps for project - meetings, in-between meetings, in advance of next meeting - Ruchir.
  • Questions and comments - All
  • Closing comments - Lucy
Agreed to:
  • Be open by default and flag where the group needs to keep discussions private
  • Minutes will be published here once reviewed
  • To be flexible and innovative.
  • Be clear about role and purpose of group

Actions planned:

  • Project Board will be actively involved in project and be a resource
  • Joint press release being prepared, monthly meetings initially and lots of digital collaboration between meetings.
  • Focus at the next meeting on the outputs of the Paris Open Government Summit and the evaluation plan for this project.

Project Board 2nd meeting[edit | edit source]

Open Government Pioneers project board call

January 2017

When: 25 Jan, 10:00  (1 hr) London (GMT Standard Time, GMT)

Where:WebEx Online

Host: involve

Board members:
  • Lucy McTernan, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (Chair of project board)
  • Craig McGuicken, Northern Ireland Environment Link
  • Anna Nicholl, WCVA (apols)
  • Andy Williamson, Demsoc (apols)
  • Philippa Bonella, Big Lottery UK (apols)
  • Dawn Plimmer, Big Lottery UK
  • Tim Hughes, Involve
  • Rachel Davies, Transp International (via UK steering group)

Delivery group participants:

  • Ruchir Shah, SCVO
  • Sarah, Involve
  • David McBurney, NIEL
  • Jonathan Bell, NIEL (apols)

Actions arising

  • Read, check and amend terms and conditions for Project Board.
  • Review this Sharepoint and the Wiki
  • Review minutes of last meeting - and pull out any key points to highlight on Wiki

Agenda

  • Paris review - started on wiki - add to this please
  • Other strategic developments
  • Digital platform - initial reactions to mock-up site: http://sdg.vm1.dit.tech/
  • Evaluation planning - list of evaluators registered
Actions arising
  • None

Agreed:

  • Reflection on Paris - Open gov as means towards SDGs and public services big takeaway message. Need to secure more official buy in from Whitehall.
  • Implications for pioneers project - facing citizens (e.g. de-jargonizing) as well as government important now - project can play a strong role in former.
  • Strategic developments: NI and collapse of Stormont executive. Scotland and Brexit to Indyref2 context. Restructuring of OGP teams in Whitehall. International and citizen connection dimensions of growing strategic importance.
  • Digital platform - Seen as potentially very useful way to bring SDGs to prominence and engage citizens in this. Agreed Scotland to lead for now with others coming on board later this year. But all to use from start.
  • Evaluation - what does success look like: engagement that speaks to diverse citizens, gov and officials in different ways but raises profile of engagement and SDGs with all. Increase range of civil society stakeholders, and bring in global perspective.

Actions

  • Next meeting - prioritise Wales input, global pioneers cohort developments. Meet again in around 6-8 weeks.

Project Board 3rd Meeting[edit | edit source]

Open Government Pioneers project board call

March 2017

When: 29 Mar, 2:30  (1.15 hr) London (GMT Standard Time, GMT)

Where:WebEx Online

Host: involve

Board members:
  • Lucy McTernan, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (Chair of project board)
  • Craig McGuicken, Northern Ireland Environment Link
  • Anna Nicholl, WCVA
  • Andy Williamson, Demsoc
  • Philippa Bonella, Big Lottery UK
  • Dawn Plimmer, Big Lottery UK
  • Tim Hughes, Involve
  • Rachel Davies, Transp International (via UK steering group)

Delivery group participants:

  • Ruchir Shah, SCVO
  • Paul Bradley, SCVO
  • Sarah, Involve
  • David McBurney, NIEL
  • Jonathan Bell, NIEL
  • Introductions
  • Review minutes of last meeting (5 mins) 
  • Prioritising hearing from Wales (staff now in post) (15 mins) 
  • Evaluation and legacy planning (25 mins) 
  • Further update from global pioneer cohort (10 mins) 
  • General update on project delivery - inc. comms/engagement/plans (15 mins)
  • Closing remarks
Actions arising
  • None
  • Board asked to look at project timeline and plans (which will be shared here when ready)

Agreed

  • Focus on four big areas for progress: 1. empowered engaged citizens, knowledge of SDGs. 2. political reps awareness of SDGs and types of actions required. 3. Gov officials with plan for involving citizens. 4. opengov seen as instrumental/common good towards SDGs.
  • Wales - major focus on wellbeing of futures generation act and this will be lens through which to engage SDG themes
  • Evaluation: Agile evaluation plan based on changing political environment. Also ensure strong equalities focus. Discussion about equalities practice proofing. Our plan - set expectations from get go and review at end.
  • Global connect: Not prioritised at this step but will be over summer.

Project Board 4th Meeting[edit | edit source]

Open Government Pioneers project board call

June 2017

When: 31 May, 2:30  (1.15 hr) London (GMT Standard Time, GMT)

Where:WebEx Online

Host: involve

Board members:
  • Lucy McTernan, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (Chair of project board)
  • Craig McGuicken, Northern Ireland Environment Link
  • Anna Nicholl, WCVA
  • Andy Williamson, Demsoc (apols)
  • Alison O'Connell, Big Lottery UK
  • Tim Hughes, Involve
  • Rachel Davies, Transp International (via UK steering group)

Delivery group participants:

  • Ruchir Shah, SCVO
  • Paul Bradley, SCVO (apols)
  • David McBurney, NIEL
  • Jonathan Bell, NIEL
  • Matthew Harriott, Involve
  • Jetske Germin, WCVA
Actions arising
  • Note FOIs to BLF UK about project (5 mins).
  • Note Project delivery report on progress (5 mins)
  • Review proposal to amend budgets relating to equalities activity commissioning (5 mins)
  • Review Evaluation proposals and impact assessment for project (10 mins)

Agenda

  1. Recap on equality agenda plans and progress. Methods and processes that we think are successful and could be deployed through this project. (20 mins)
  2. Introduction to UK wide conference (planned Feb 2018 in Belfast) and guidance to delivery team on planning - what areas and audience should be focus on? How should the conference be positioned? (15 mins)
  3. Discuss a particular aspect of the SDGs e.g. a key policy area and how it is impacted on by opengov. e.g. participatory budgeting, self-directed support in health. How can we secure a strategy for following up on interest in specific topics generated by this project? 15 mins)
Agreed:
  • 2 FOIs to BIG UK on application forms and grant offer formally noted
  • Minutes of previous meeting agreed,
  • In response to FOIs, keep Wiki up to date and continue our open approach to project.
  • Project is picking up pace with good range of activity
  • No objections on budget virement propositions. Agreed to be clear on Demsoc involvement in facilitation on why them and not others.
  • Evaluation: agreed not to get too obsessed with the metrics, NI and SCVO to discuss improving these. Rachael has offered to identify other sources of data for evaluation.
  • Agreed to get support of independent evaluator to help us connect detail with strategic outcomes.
  • Equalities: USP of this programme is OG as means to achieving SDGs/equalities. Both require focus on those furthest away. Agreed. 
  • UK conference planning: timing of Feb 2018 is good. Key element here is needs to be co-design of conference between all partners and regions - needs to reflect what's going on around the UK.

Specific actions planned:

  • Assess project visibility on UK OGN website from user journey perspective (Involve)
  • Specific exploration of SDGs by Project Board will involve health (Lucy), Education (tbc) and guidelines around OGP and public services (Tim).
  • Noted that public sector officials are facing specific challenges around Opengov and SDGs and delivery group will look at how to bring this to Project Board discussions.

Project Board 5th Meeting[edit | edit source]

Open Government Pioneers project board call

July 2017

When: 26th July, 2:30pm  (1.15 hr) London (GMT Standard Time, GMT)

Where:WebEx Online

Host: involve

Board members:
  • Lucy McTernan, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (Chair of project board)
  • Craig McGuicken, Northern Ireland Environment Link
  • Lynne Reynolds, WCVA
  • Andy Williamson, Demsoc (apols)
  • Alison O'Connell, Big Lottery UK
  • Tim Hughes, Involve
  • Rachel Davies, Transp International (via UK steering group)

Delivery group participants:

  • Ruchir Shah, SCVO
  • Paul Bradley, SCVO (apols)
  • David McBurney, NIEL
  • Jonathan Bell, NIEL
  • Matthew Harriott, Involve
  • Jetske Germing, WCVA
Actions arising:
  • Project visibility on UK OGN website - update from Involve (5 mins)
  • Specific challenges for public sector officials - incorporating this into discussions - update from delivery group (5 mins)
  • Request from Wales around equalities work budget for Wales (TBC). (5 mins)

Agenda:

  • Feedback on Washington meeting for subnational pioneers (Lucy/Paul) (5 mins)
  • Next steps on evaluation framework - reviewing updated plan on wiki (Ruchir / Craig) (15 mins)
  • Exploring SDGs as it can help frame health agenda (Lucy) (30 mins)
  • UK Conference planning - key questions for Project Board steer (Paul) (10 mins)
Agreed:
  • Accessibility of OGN website - Delivery group to clear up some of the ways the various labels and projects link together
  • Gov officials and challenges - agreed with Scotland approach of making clear to gov participants that there may be a conflict of interest then leave to them to decide to participate
  • Wales will use some of their equalities budget for staffing for commissioning work from external equalities partners.
  • Use UK Conference to evaluate next steps of project, and focus on the various Open Gov Action Plans across the UK, and a more workshop/networking focused approach

Specific actions planned

  • Chase scotgov on ideas for a UK-wide gov conference on opengov (Lucy)
  • Look at overlaps and synergies between UK Conference and Imagine festival / democracy day in NI (NIEL) - March 2018
  • Following Lucy's 'deep dive' on SDGs and health in Scotland, another volunteer will be asked to present their 'deep dive' analysis (Ruchir to approach)

Project Board 6th Meeting[edit | edit source]

Open Government Pioneers project board call

Sept 2017

When: 27th Sept, 2:30pm  (1.15 hr) London (GMT Standard Time, GMT)

Where:WebEx Online

Host: involve

Board members:
  • Lucy McTernan, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (Chair of project board)
  • Craig McGuicken, Northern Ireland Environment Link (apols)
  • Lynne Reynolds / Anna Nicholl, WCVA (not present)
  • Andy Williamson, Demsoc (apols)
  • Alison O'Connell, Big Lottery UK (apols)
  • Tim Hughes, Involve
  • Rachel Davies, Transp International (via UK steering group) (apols)

Delivery group participants:

  • Ruchir Shah, SCVO
  • Paul Bradley, SCVO
  • David McBurney, NIEL (apols)
  • Jonathan Bell, NIEL (apols)
  • TBC, Involve
  • Jetske Germing, WCVA (not present)
Actions arising:
  • Chase scotgov on ideas for a UK-wide gov conference on opengov (Lucy) - November 2017 date planned tbc
  • Look at overlaps and synergies between UK Conference and Imagine festival / democracy day in NI - 15th March 2018 (written update from NIEL)
  • Following Lucy's 'deep dive' on SDGs and health in Scotland, another volunteer will be asked to present their 'deep dive' analysis (Ruchir to approach) - Done - Tim has volunteered.

Agenda

  • Update from nations - Overview (Ruchir), Scotland (Paul), NI (written update), Wales (Jetske), England/UK (Tim).
  • Update and review of launch of globalgoals websites - Ruchir
  • Update on project evaluation plans - see draft evaluation tender brief
  • Update on UK Conference plans - written update, NIEL & verbal update, Ruchir - also reference the Scotgov UK-wide conference
  • Deep dive case study - Tim Hughes, Involve
  • Date of next meeting (Ruchir) - 29th November 2017 2.30pm. (proposal to include project finance review)
Agreed:
  • Due to low attendance, this meeting was expedited, and some agenda items were deferred.
  • Overall project - is progressing well with network development, launch of global goals sites. Now progressing planning for conference and evaluation.
  • Civil society engagement in action plan - our focus to open out the process.
  • UKSSD are considering whether the globalgoals platform could work for their programme of UK SDG review by civil society. Tim is engaged with them on this.
  • Evaluation plan - agreed process as outlined by Craig but need to make sure its not overly burdensome.

Specific actions planned:

  • Agreed to invite Craig to chair the evaluation commissioning group
  • Delivery group tomorrow should use opportunity to get project board to feed in views on UK conference planning.
  • Tim will volunteer to lead his case study at next board meeting and will focus on Involve's work on SDG 16.

Project Board 7th Meeting[edit | edit source]

Open Government Pioneers project board call

Nov 2017

When: 29th Nov, 2:30pm  (1.15 hr) London (GMT Standard Time, GMT)

Where:WebEx Online

Host: involve

Board members:
  • Lucy McTernan, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (Chair of project board)
  • Craig McGuicken, Northern Ireland Environment Link
  • Anna Nicholl, WCVA
  • Andy Williamson, Demsoc (Apols)
  • Alison O'Connell, Big Lottery UK
  • Tim Hughes, Involve (Apols)
  • Rachel Davies, Transp International (via UK steering group)

Delivery group participants:

  • Ruchir Shah, SCVO
  • Paul Bradley, SCVO
  • Jonathan Bell, NIEL
  • Andreas Pavlou, Involve
  • Jetske Germing, WCVA
Actions arising
  • Agreed to invite Craig to chair the evaluation commissioning group (agreed, date of meeting Dec tbc.)
  • Delivery group tomorrow should use opportunity to get project board to feed in views on UK conference planning.
  • Tim will volunteer to lead his case study at next board meeting and will focus on Involve's work on SDG 16.

Agenda

Agreed:

Case study slot postponed as Tim not able to attend this meeting.

Craig, Alison and Rachel have agreed to be the evaluation subgroup, chaired by Craig.

Our SDG work is surfacing people/orgs who are not the usual suspects in these discussions.

Agreed that project budget is on target

UK conference - agreed to seek more media interest, and radical/lively speaker contributions.

Delivery team to explore how UKSSD can be engaged in March conference.

Specific actions planned:

NIEL to share recipe for their youth engagement events for wider project partners learning.

All home nation delivery teams to meet in Cardiff, early Dec.

Paul to share Scotland SDG network development learnings with NIEL.

UK National Action Plan process - Andreas to push UKG to share timeline and process with devolved civil society partners.

Legacy planning (funding) discussion for future meeting.

Project Board 8th Meeting[edit | edit source]

Open Government Pioneers project board call

Jan 2018

When: 31st Jan, 2:30pm  (1.00 hr) London (GMT Standard Time, GMT)

Where:WebEx Online

Host: involve

Board members:
  • Lucy McTernan, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (Chair of project board)
  • Craig McGuicken, Northern Ireland Environment Link
  • Anna Nicholl, WCVA
  • Andy Williamson, Demsoc (Apols)
  • Alison O'Connell, Big Lottery UK
  • Tim Hughes, Involve (apols)
  • Rachel Davies, Transp International (via UK steering group) (Apols)

Delivery group participants:

  • Ruchir Shah, SCVO
  • Paul Bradley, SCVO
  • Jonathan Bell, NIEL (apols)
  • David McBurney, NIEL
  • Andreas Pavlou, Involve (apols)
  • Jetske Germing, WCVA (apols)
Actions arising
  • Consultation session with Independent evaluator at 4pm same day- arranged.
  • Substitute chair for this meeting no longer required.

Agenda

  • Six monthly progress update (Ruchir)
  • Update from each home nation
  • UK conference review (chaired by Craig)
  • Case study from Involve - UK/England and SDG 16
  • Date of next meeting - 28th March 2.30pm
  • Independent evaluator consultation meeting with Project Board at 4pm via Zoom
Agreed:

Case study slot postponed as Tim not able to attend this meeting.

Project is progressing well and teams are interacting well in an open, transparent and modern way, equalities evaluation will be important.

Action plan timetables for UK NAP still in play.

Actions required:

  • Online update from Andreas on UK NAP timetable required
  • UK Conference - finalise opportunities for independent evaluators - role here for voxpops and use of media room

Project Board 9th Meeting[edit | edit source]

Open Government Pioneers project board call

May 2018

When: Weds 30th May, 2:30pm  (1.00 hr) London (GMT Standard Time, GMT)

Where:Zoom online

Host: SCVO

Board members:
  • Lucy McTernan, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (Outgoing Chair of project board)
  • John Downie, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (Incoming Chair of Project Board)
  • Craig McGuicken, Northern Ireland Environment Link (apols)
  • Anna Nicholl, WCVA
  • Alison O'Connell, Big Lottery UK
  • Tim Hughes, Involve

Delivery group participants:

  • Ruchir Shah, SCVO
  • Paul Bradley, SCVO
  • Jonathan Bell, NIEL (apols)
  • David McBurney, NIEL (apols)
  • Andreas Pavlou, Involve
  • Lynne Reynolds, WCVA
Actions arising
  • Changes to Project Board membership - replacing Andy and Rachel. John Downie joining as new chair of board from SCVO.
  • UK Conference review
  • Update on independent evaluation
  • Note of thanks for Andy and Rachel's contribution to the board

Agenda

  • Update on project finances from project director
  • OGP action plans - update and steer
  • Steer for Tblisi conference plans - proposals and attendance
  • Approach for project's "Summer of International" engagement plans
  • Approach to legacy planning - should we seek longer-term funding?
Conference - Belfast
  • Positive view of events - good session, well timed, well attended, session well chaired, helped with NI Gov Commitments. Need to break video into small chunks - PB. Very well received at global level.

Independent evaluation

  • Lost member of staff which has slowed things slightly
  • Circulated draft text to invite people to events - four workshops from 18th - 25th June. 5 key areas to assess - engagement, capacity, awareness, diversity and equality of voices, overall outcome on society.
  • Tour around countries took place in March.

Note of thanks for Andy and Rachel's contribution to the board

Update on project finances

  • Jess/Tim - not been able to access finances.
  • Finances shared on screen - past halfway project and spend half of direct costs so far (some claims to come in)
  • Conversations had with each of the countries on equalities work - each has a plan in place.
  • Lots of changes to contend with in Wales, but progress made with new partners.
  • Deadline for project spend is December 2018

Action Plans

  • UK - series of commitments now developed, new multistakeholder forum in place, intention to launch in Tbilisi.
  • Scotland - New multistakeholder forum, engagement process up and running with events and online crowdsourcing, social media use etc.
  • NI - Court case against civil service making key decisions though not elected. Now unwilling to make decisions about commitments in NI. Was ahead of process, now likely to be behind. 50:50 in terms of commitments ready
  • Wales - Delayed for reasons outlined, progress now being made. Meetings with civil servants and looking to launch own consultation process in next week online. Likely that action plan will not be ready for Tbilisi. Meeting minister to promote leadership.
  • Need to think about how we keep momentum going for plans and implementation

Tbilisi

  • Scotland - Paul and Lucy attending. Space for John but likely not going. Space for two per country
  • Workshops - Scotland civil society workshop proposal / ScotGov submitted two - two were selected out of 3.
  • Involve - Andreas, Kaela, Tim likely to attend. Working with Canada on one session - public deliberation.
  • NI - session proposals were not accepted. Like to explore scope to get involved in UK session. Jonny, David, Colm attending.
  • Wales - no proposals made. Jess and Anna to attend.
  • Paul to liaise on travel and accommodation

Summer of international

  • Need to consider equalities
  • Young people - Wales interested in this strand.
  • International Disability Alliance Conference in July in London - good to link up.
  • Nations to look at wiki and edit.

Legacy

  • Should we now look at country by country funding.
  • May be possibilities to pitch in at BIG at UK level.
  • Acc ideas no longer exists - changes to Big approach and what looking for
  • Continuation or repurpose?
  • Drive to people being in the lead - people with lived experienced at the centre and deciding shape of project.
  • Systems change - looking for ideas that tackle root causes - envisage what a future system should look like. Long term lasting change. Short term and medium not the focus.
  • Collaborative ways of working with multi stakeholders - providing unity.
  • Experimenting, learning and impact (at a wider level) (key drivers).
  • Two streams - emerging areas to tackle issues, and growing ideas (from proof of concept and grow at a systems level).
  • Timing important - Committee dates (need to consider in next month if immediate).
  • Traction - equalities, links with lived experience and how EGs can move further to the centre.
  • SDGs as a measurement framework. How can we take this further to measure change?
  • NI - linking opengov and SDGs has worked really well. Key element is the UK wide participation. Could we have a narrower project - current one quite wide.
  • Wales - UK wide really useful and international networks. Ongoing engagement for gov and civil society - groundbreaking in 1998 but need refreshing for Wellbeing Goals.
  • England - Difficult in England due to political context. Partner of UKSSD and supporting their work to increase engagement. Keen to build links with different parts of civil society. How do we continue engagement across nations on opengov/networks.
  • Ideas over the next month would help to begin discussions and set out timeline from this.

Project Board 10th Meeting[edit | edit source]

Open Government Pioneers project board call

July 2018

When: Weds 25th Jul, 2:30pm  (1.00 hr) London (GMT Standard Time, GMT)

Where:Zoom online

Host: SCVO

Board members:
  • Lucy McTernan, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (UK Steering group nominee)
  • John Downie, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (Incoming Chair of Project Board) (Apols)
  • Craig McGuicken, Northern Ireland Environment Link (Chair of meeting)
  • Anna Nicholl, WCVA (apols)
  • Alison O'Connell, Big Lottery UK
  • Tim Hughes, Involve (apols)

Delivery group participants:

  • Ruchir Shah, SCVO
  • Paul Bradley, SCVO
  • Jonathan Bell, NIEL (apols)
  • David McBurney, NIEL
  • Andreas Pavlou, Involve (apols)
  • Jessica Blair, ERS Wales
  • Lynsey Jackson, Cynnal Cymru
Actions arising and updates
  • Project board membership update - Ruchir.
  • Tbilisi Summit reflections and updates - All
  • Open Government action plan updates - country leads
  • Summer of international webinars update - Paul
  • Evaluation update - incl. UKSSD SDGs report - Ruchir
  • AOB country updates

Agenda

Agreed
  • Previous meeting notes (above) confirmed
  • Agreed to continue to secure UK steering group second nominee
  • John Downie won't attend meetings but for governance reasons (and SCVO holding the finances) will continue to chair project and keep in the loop on overall project governance.
  • Support feedback on Tbilisi Summit via blogs and tweets
  • Await independent evaluation report draft for now, due next week
  • Agreed concern over loss of members through transition to new forum (up to 80% in NI and Scotland). In Wales, slightly mitigated by social media and action plan has giving more visibility in Wales.
  • Agreed to retain some capacity to continue current partnership and build on this legacy.

Actions

  • Chase Involve on UK steering group second nominee - Ruchir
  • Update wiki on summer of international events already planned - all
  • Explore DFID interest in SDG reporting and development - Paul
  • Explore improving usability of Discuss forum, and whether further legal advice on GDPR might be helpful to advice on direct transfer across - Ruchir.
  • All to have a look at legacy options and review engagement, leads and potential tie-ups - Project board
  • Add to list an initiative to continue the SDG partnership across the countries - add this to the wiki legacy list - particular gender equality angle - Ruchir
  • Arrange next meeting 29th August - Ruchir

Project Board 11th Meeting[edit | edit source]

Open Government Pioneers project board call

Aug 2018

When: Weds 29th Aug, 2:30pm  (1.15hr) London (GMT Standard Time, GMT)

Where:Zoom online

Host: SCVO

Board members:
  • Lucy McTernan, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (UK Steering group nominee)
  • John Downie, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (Incoming Chair of Project Board) (Apols)
  • Craig McGuicken, Northern Ireland Environment Link (Chair of meeting)
  • Anna Nicholl, WCVA
  • Alison O'Connell, Big Lottery UK
  • Tim Hughes, Involve
  • Michael Birtwhistle, NCVO

Delivery group participants:

  • Ruchir Shah, SCVO
  • Paul Bradley, SCVO
  • Jonathan Bell, NIEL
  • David McBurney, NIEL
  • Andreas Pavlou, Involve (apols)
  • Jessica Blair, ERS Wales
  • Lynsey Jackson, Cynnal Cymru
Actions arising and updates
  • UK steering group second nominee - Ruchir
  • Explore improving usability of Discuss forum, and whether further legal advice on GDPR might be helpful to advice on direct transfer across - Ruchir.

Agenda

Agreed:

Michael Birtwhistle confirmed as second OGN UK Steering group nominee to the board.

Legal advice on GDPR

  • Andreas engaging with Information's Commissioner's office., but looks unlikely that we can move people across directly.
  • Opportunity to explore getting consent then migrating people across (making it easier for them).
  • Also look at expired certificate on old forum, and approach people on Twitter and campaign for new sign ups using a topical issue.

Usability - Index page and email addresses for the forum.

Ruchir will follow up with Andreas afterwards.

Agenda actions:

Independent evaluation report - once it's redrafted project board to re-read the report as a priority but also look at self-evaluation which balances perspectives as required and sits alongside it. Self-evaluation as agenda item for next board.

Finances - pitch for a mini-Summit stock take. All submissions for new claims by mid-Sept, so we can plan for legacy in October.

Legacy -

  • Equalities initiative - produce a plan on wiki linked to influencing government, combining existing infrastructure, and clarifying role of existing partners by early Oct.
  • Test this plan with existing equalities orgs engaged in this project to see if there is an appetite for this.
  • Specific online meeting on equalities legacies - 10th Oct
  • Mini-summit on legacies in Scotland - 28th Nov

Project Board Special meeting[edit | edit source]

Open Government Pioneers project board call

Oct 2018

When: Weds 10th Oct, 11am  (1hr) London (GMT Standard Time, GMT)

Where:Zoom online

Host: SCVO

Board members:

Lucy McTernan, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (UK Steering group nominee)

John Downie, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (Incoming Chair of Project Board) (Apols)

Craig McGuicken, Northern Ireland Environment Link (Chair of meeting)

Anna Nicholl, WCVA (not present)

Alison O'Connell, Big Lottery UK (not present)

Tim Hughes, Involve (apols)

Michael Birtwhistle, NCVO (not present)

Delivery group participants:

Ruchir Shah, SCVO (chairing the special meeting)

Paul Bradley, SCVO

Jonathan Bell, NIEL

David McBurney, NIEL

Andreas Pavlou, Involve

Jessica Blair, ERS Wales

Lynsey Jackson, Cynnal Cymru

Agenda
  • Mini-Summit
  • Evaluation wrap-up
  • Self-evaluation plans
  • Agreeing underpend-based equality projects

Noted:

Only one project board member present, so all decisions below subject to further discussion with project board if required.

Agreed:

  • Underspend-based allocations agreed (subject to any final concerns raised today by non-present board members)
  • Craig to lead on evaluation wrap-up with MutualGain
  • Self-evaluation plans will involve a template that each core partner fills in on Googedoc linked to from this wiki
  • Mini-Summit will start from capacity building and broadening the movement perspective, but will also explore broader global context and strategy for the movement. Lucy and Jess will lead on this.

Project Board at Mini-Summit[edit | edit source]

Open Government Pioneers project board meeting (and Zoom call)

Nov 2018

When: Weds 28th Nov, 9.30am  (1.15hr) London (GMT Standard Time, GMT)

Where:Zoom online and Edinburgh

Host: SCVO

Board members:

Lucy McTernan, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (UK Steering group nominee)

John Downie, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (Incoming Chair of Project) (apols)

Craig McGuicken, Northern Ireland Environment Link (Chair of meeting) (Joined via Zoom)

Anna Nicholl, WCVA

Alison O'Connell, Big Lottery UK (Joined via Zoom)

Tim Hughes, Involve (Apols)

Michael Birtwhistle, NCVO (apols)

Delivery group participants:

Ruchir Shah, SCVO

Paul Bradley, SCVO (Joined via Zoom)

David McBurney, NIEL

Andreas Pavlou, Involve

Kaela Scott, Involve

Jessica Blair, ERS Wales

Lynsey Jackson, Cynnal Cymru (apols)

Amanda Heenan, Arc of Inclusion and Sam Tedcastle, Centre for Good Relations

Observers:

Colm Burns, chair of Northern Ireland Open government steering group

Tim Clark, Big Lottery Fund UK (Joined via Zoom).

Agenda:
  • Review project progress
  • Review self-evaluation
  • Review future resourcing and support for networks
Agreed:

Travelled a massive distance in the project. Fundamental to social justice reform.

Learning opportunities have been important.

Capture the comms aspects of the project.

Clarity on models for joint partnership working for future and leadership of these, esp. bringing together SDGs and OGN/P - but crucial to keep the link between these.

Not about chasing funding, but achieving goals. Especially important point in terms of BLF funding.

The project is done and no need for another project board meeting.

However, the people involved need to continue to engage as we develop the next phase of the movement.

Actions:

Explore links with devolved BLF, and different projects that could come out from this.

Circulate the revised evaluation report to the project board.

Draw a line under the project now and hand over to delivery staff to wrap up.