Outcomes for the Network:
- More engaging Government (including accessible, transparent data)
- Citizens are more engaged in Government.
- Citizens trust government more.
- Empowering people to engage better with government.
- Awareness/ understanding of what aspects of society get controlled by which layer of government.
- Sustainable Development Goals, in Wales: Wellbeing of Future Generations Goals
- Open Data
Open Government Network Wales – Draft Action Plan
|1. Open Government Civil Society Network Wales established
· Wellbeing Goals focus
· Equalities focus
· Open Data focus
· Young people focus
Coalition of partners
|Create visual outlining aims, distribute through:
|Internal training session in WCVA to ensure all officers/ networks are aware how Open Gov can work for their groups?||27 June 17||WCVA, Involve|
|Mapping of expertise and connections regarding Open Government within the Network/ Wales||June 17
at Eisteddfod Aug 17 and wider events
|At Belfast Open Government Pioneers Conference: Ensure representation of under-represented communities/ civil society||Feb 18|
|Link into networks re. equal opportunities to engage||July 17||Equalities & Human Rights Coalition, WCVA, Co-Production Network|
|Publish good practice examples:
- engagement / participation in policy/service design
- what open data can achieve
Select several wellbeing goals for focus
|Engagement & Involvement workshops
- Public Sector (WG, LA)
|WCVA link to civil society
|Open data workshops/ webinars:
i.e. Stats Wales:
Training to third sector on :
1. Finding, manipulating and downloading data using the website.
2. An explanation of open data and its benefits.
3. Accessing StatsWales open data directly using Microsoft Excel/PowerBI.
|WCVA as link to civil society, promo and host webinar?
Led by Welsh Government – Stats Wales
|Develop young people democracy/ data project?||Bid in autumn 17||WCVA #IWILL network of ambassadors through external funding?
Link to NAW work on young people engagement
|Develop Intro to Welsh Politics internal training module for WCVA inc Open Government section||Mar 18||WCVA – JG & LR|
|2. Engage civil society in PSBs to co-produce wellbeing plans
- Ensure Local Authority Buy-In for Open Government approaches
To achieve better quality/ efficiency in local services and public services to be more open
|Wellbeing plans event||July 2017||Office Future Generations Commissioner|
|Work around Disengaged Citizens||Office Future Generations Commissioner
|Open Government and Wellbeing Goals webinar||Nov 17||Open Gov Network Wales|
|TSSW (WCVA and CVCs)|
|WAO – Good Practice Exchange|
|Community Voice work?||Gofod3 March 18||CVCs|
|Co-pro events around collaboration between third sector and government||Co-Pro Network Wales|
|3. Civil society scrutiny on legislation - consultations||Alternative consultation techniques – webinar for third sector 'encouraging more contributions from civic society and academics into developing and scrutinising Government policy and legislation'.
||Ongoing||National Assembly Wales , WG, WISERD|
|Alternative facilitation techniques for consultations||WCVA Networks
|4. Civil society input into Welsh Government commitments for Open Government Action Plan 2018-20||Crowdsource next Action plan commitments||Launch at Eisteddfod August 17 (online platform)
FM to announce?
|Welsh Government – via Digital Office|
|Network meeting to further build commitments on ideas from Eisteddfod||Early Sept 17||WCVA, Welsh Government|