The UK Parliament Environmental Audit Committee is holding a one-off evidence session this autumn following up on its report The Sustainable Development Goals in the UK. This will be the first annual hearing on the Government’s domestic progress against the Sustainable Development Goals.
Firstly, I want to bring this to your attention in case any individual or organisation in the SDG Network would like to submit their own response to the Committee.
A number of SDG Network members have also raised with me the importance of our Network submitting a response as part of this inquiry. Because of this, I am looking to coordinate a submission.
The deadline for submissions is 5pm on 13th September, so I suggest we keep any submission short and focused on:
- awareness raising of what's happening in Scotland with the National Performance Framework and the Scottish Government/Network
- the UKSSD 'Measuring Up' report findings
- our ongoing dialogue with and offer to DfID on supporting their Voluntary National Review engagement in Scotland (Lewis Ryder-Jones will shortly be sharing more on this point following last week's network meeting)
- 23rd August - set up page on open wiki to draft response and seek input
- w/c 27th August - build draft content and seek input from the Network
- w/c 3rd September - seek network and other signatories of response
- 13th September - submit response
This is our first engagement with the Environmental Audit Committee, and I hope this focused approach will raise awareness of the landscape in Scotland and open the door for further learning and engagement in 2019.
I'd welcome any comments or suggestions on this approach. I'll send another update when we've a narrative on the wiki and would encourage your contributions over the course of next week.
Thanks, Paul Bradley
To be drawn up w/c 27th August with input from Network (anyone can edit this page)